Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Win Willy out and Derby positions

Well this morning Win Willy was not one of the names placed in the Kentucky Derby starting gate. His trainer had his leg X-rayed where they found a suspicious looking line through this ankle. So in his best interest they didn't enter him. So now Nowhere to Hide takes his spot. Too bad. He was the hometown favorite for me because of his owner. Oh well, I am impressed on how many trainers and owners have passed on the Derby in favor of the horse's best interest. A big step up since last year.

The gate positions were secured this morning and I Want Revenge was secured favortism in the Derby at 3-1.

The 135th running of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands
Grade 1 at Churchill Downs
1 1/4 miles
First jewel of the Triple Crown

1.West Side Bernie
2.Musket Man
3.Mr. Hot Stuff
4.Advice
5.Hold Me Back
6.Friesan Fire
7.Papa Clem
8.Mine that Bird
9.Join in the Dance
10.Regal Ransom
11.Chocolate Candy
12.General Quarters
13.I Want Revenge
14.Atomic Rain
15.Dunkirk
16.Pioneerofthenile
17.Summer Bird
18.Nowhere to Hide
19.Desert Party
20.Flying Private

Everyone is pretty much in a great spot for themselves and nobody should have any excuses about post position affecting their horse's running in the race. No one. I won't announce my picks yet. I'm having tough time to sorting through this competitive field. No on really sticks out for me yet. Also, how funny is it that WinStar Farm's entrys are 3, 4 and 5 in the gate right next to each other?

Have a great evening!
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment