Friday, January 30, 2009

Hutcheson recap



Captain Candyman Can took the Hutcheson Stakes today, taking the lead four wide and winning by 1 1/2 lengths over Hello Broadway. He ran the race in 1:23.69 on a fast main track. To be honest I'm pretty surprised about this win. I thought it would either be Hello Broadway or Break water edison, one two. Well I was half right. Very nice win for the Candy Ride gelding. I do think Break water edison had a very poor performance here. Just never really kicked in. Hello Broadway finished 2nd 4 1/2 ahead of Bee Cee Cee.

Meanwhile, Old fashioned's trainer is reconsidering entering him in the Southwest stakes at Oaklawn. Originally he was going to be shipped to Oaklawn this week but, frigid temperatures stopped this. Here's a quote from Jones.

"I'm not sure what we'll do, but we have to do something fast," Jones said. "I know that both Gulfstream and Tampa would love to have them. We'll see what happens."

So I'll keep you guys posted on any news on our old friend, Old fashioned.

In Kentucky Oaks news, Frolic's Dream won the Forward Gal at Gulfstream Park. She went 7 furlongs in 1:24.15 on a track labeled fast. The Smoke Glacken filly won the race 2 1/2 lengths over 2nd place finishing filly Renda.
What is the deal with the very talented gray three year olds this year? Is anyone else but me realizing this?! It's crazy! But I like it. I love the gray horses.
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment