Friday, March 27, 2009

Florida Derby Review

Watch the Florida Derby and Swale stakes on ESPN tomorrow. And don't forget to watch the Dubai World cup. Great racing this weekend awaits!
The Swale Stakes at Gulfstream Park
Grade 2
$150,00
Seven furlongs

1.This ones for Phil 120 lbs 3/1
2.B Z Warrior 114 lbs 5/1
3.Sabi Sabi 118 lbs 8/1
4.Custom for Carlos 114 lbs 4/1
5.Brave Victory 116 lbs 4/1
6.Big Drama 120 lbs 2/1

I'll be picking Custom for Carlos to win, a close second with Big Drama and This ones for Phil to show. This is a pretty wide open field.

The Florida Derby at Gulfstream Park
Grade 1
$750,000
1 1/8 miles 122 lbs all

1.Toby the Coal Man 10/1
2.Quality Road 2/1
3.Casey's on call 15/1
4.Dunkirk 9/5
5.Sincero 20/1
6.Theregoesjojo 5/1
7.Danger to Society 6/1
8.Europe 20/1
9.Stately Character 20/1
I'll be picking Dunkirk to win, Quality Road to place and I'll throw the rabbit Europe in to show. What does everything think about Pletcher putting a rabbit in? Do you think it will affect Quality Road? Or do you think Pletcher is wasting his time? I'd like to hear what you think.
Well here is a link to the entries for the Dubai World Cup races. http://www.emiratesracing.com/eq/RaceCards.cfm?racefile_id=7568
I won't pick for all the races but I thought I would at least do the Dubai World cup. There really is no clear cut favorite for this race. I like Well Armed and Albertus Maximus. For my picks I'd have to say Well Armed to win with Albertus Maximus coming up for second and Asiatic Boy for show.

Have a great weekend of preps!
Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten,

    Great call on WELL ARMED at 10-1. What a devastating win.

    DUNKIRK ran well, a winning race. Against any other colt, he'd be headed to the Derby. It's too bad he may be left out ...$150k is just not going to be enough with REGAL RANSOM leapfrogging over him. One edge Pletcher has...his BITTEL ROAD sat at 12 on the earnnigs list prior to this weekend. I'm sure TABOR AND MAGNIER would make it worth the while of SCATUORCHIO and IRACANE to declare BITTEL ROAD from the Derby so DUNKIRK can squeeze in.

    If he gets in, anything's possible.

    ReplyDelete